From: secbyte_@_ptd.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) Water bottles...

Sometimes I wonder if this would be true.

I remember having a business in Dover along the old CNJ line on North
Salem St. and it was next to impossible to get the railroad to add me as
a customer.  First of all it was like pulling teeth to get to the people
I needed to talk to in the first place and then it was one excuse after
another to get things shipped out by boxcar. We spoke to the M&E and to
Conrail.  We were sending huge loads to a recycling plant in Mass and
they would have preferred material shipped by boxcar but it got to be
such a project that we hired a trucking company to service us.  It was
like they just did not want any new business.  In other industry you
loose customers and you develop new ones.  It seemed to me that the RR
was only interested in burning the ones they had up and not developing
new ones.