From: Walter Smith [mailto:wsmith5957_@_hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 11:40 AM
To: EL Mail List
Subject: RE: (erielack) Re: NYS&W

   Bill, U refer to the CB&Q' domes...........actually, many if not most of
the domes (altho originally CB&Q) came from the (old) Auto-Train and ran in
their colors when Mr. Rich first purchased them. I wrote to Mr. Rich that I
felt a kinship to him in that I worked on the S&U Div'n; then the old
Auto-Train; and our psgr. cars wound up on the RR that I'd worked on many
years ago. I recieved a nice 2-page letter in reply & felt it was thoughtful
for a guy trying to run a RR to take time to answer my letter.

Regards,
Walt Smith> From: pontiac_@_dreamscape.com> To: erielack@lists.elhts.org>
Subject: (erielack) Re: NYS&W> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:59:23 -0500> >
There should still be 4-5 ex-LIRR coaches, a couple of ex-NS cars, that >
ex-NH diner, and a few other assorted cars still belonging to the NYS&W. A >
couple of the cars (the former CB&Q dome obs I believe) belonged to Walter >
Rich personally.> > The CNY NRHS has like three different fall excursions
planned, including > Finger Lakes trips during the Train Fair.> > It should
be noted that Onondaga County paid for the overhaul of the RDCs > used in
the Ontrack service, and I believe they are the actual owner of > them.> > >
As to the Maple Festival trips, the primary key to their continuation is the
> ultimate disposition of the railroad itself. Those trips have been so >
successful for so long I am sure the chapter will find a way to continue >
them if whoever runs the railroad doesn't want to do it themselves; they've
> leased the N!
 YS&W's cars in the past for trips and do so now since selling > the 4
coaches they had, I'm sure cars from another source could be found.> > > >
Bill K.> > ----- Original Message ----- > >> >>From Archives_@_Railfan.net> >
To: EL Mail List> > Subject: Re: (erielack) Fan Trip On Ex DLW Syracuse
Branch> >> > Bob, the CNYRHS website mentioned by Ed has a link to a PDF
file with a > > few> > more details. !
 A pair of NYS&W "Bumble Bees" is mentioned. The direct link > !
 > to> >
the PDF file for ordering tickets and a few more details is:> >> >
http://www.cnynrhs.org/NYSWtrip.pdf> >> > Ed, I sure hope passenger trips do
continue on the branch. It would be a> > shame to see them come to a halt.
Do you know if the annual Maple Festival> > trips would also cease? I was
fortunate enough to take that ride under > > steam> > power several years
back. That was cool!> >> > Todd K. Stearns> >> >> > The Erie Lackawanna
Mailing List> > Sponsored by the ELH&TS> > http://www.elhts.org> > To
Subject: (erielack) Excursions on the DL&W S!
 yracuse Branch> >> > At the risk of going off topic, what equipment does
the NYS&W still own > > other than Walter Rich's business car? I though they
sold everything to > > the NYS&WT&HS?> >> > Ken> >> > Todd,> >> > It is my
understanding that the NYS&W passenger equipment is up for> > sale or> >
will be soon. If it goes I do not think the Maple Fest trains will> >
continue.> >> > Ed> >> > > The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List> Sponsored by
the ELH&TS> http://www.elhts.org> To Unsubscribe:
http://lists.elhts.org/erielackunsub.html