Re: (erielack) OTArea Codes was [ Erie 2547 ]

Dlw1el2_@_aol.com wrote:

> Chuck
> I had never seen a state or geographic area where area codes are
> intermingled, and not segregated by geographic boundaries, but now I  have.   Here in NJ
> and what I thought was the golden rule,   was that some section of an area had
> to give up it's old code, when a new one  was introduced.
> Back to RRing

A few of the areas that have overlay area codes are in NJ 201 and 551,
973 and 862, 732 and 848; IN NYC (Manhattan  212 and 917 and 646;Staten
Island 718, 347 and 917. Here in North Jersey we have to dial 10 digits.
An Denver area has 3030 and 720.

Before long probably everyone will have to dial 10.

bob gillis