(erielack) Re: NYS&W

I'm referring to a stainless steel streamlined round-tail observation car
with a short vista dome on the top, not the full length ex-Auto Train dome
cars.  In fact I think this car is the one referred to as the "popemobile".
So far as I know, and the new releases from Walthers agree with me, those
cars were originally Great Northern (or Santa Fe), not CB&Q.  I was in that
dome-obs car a few years ago when a triangle trip was run - bus to Utica and
train Utica-Chenango Forks-Syracuse.

I don't have a firm source for any of the ownership details, just being in
the Syracuse area and knowing various CNY Chapter members, I'm repeating
what they've said to me.   Most of them did know Mr. Rich personally, so I
have no reason to doubt what they say - but I can see where by the time it
gets to be 3rd or 4th hand someone might question it.

Bill K.