RE: (erielack) W E Flight

      I may be wrong, but I think I fired for Mr. Flight in the early 60s on the New York Division.........ERIE side.  I'll have to check the old timebooks..........I often wondered what happened to the guys I worked with in the 60s.

Walt Smith> From: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net> To: erielack@lists.railfan.net; Smtimko@aol.com> Subject: Re: (erielack) W E Flight> Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 06:07:18 -0400> > Bill Flight was mentioned in a Trains article (early 1980's) about Horseshoe > Curve.> > Paul B> > W E Flight was the last EL Superintendent on the Mahoning Division and the> first non-PRR man to become Superintendent in Altoona for the Conrail> Allegheny Division. This occurred in October 1979 after the former PRR and > EL> divisions were merged in Youngstown.> > His other positions included Trainmaster and/or Road Foreman in Hoboken,> Trainmaster in Youngstown, Supt of the Buffalo Creek RR, System Road Foreman > of> EL.> > Bill was a gentlemen, fair and truthful, and 100% railroad. I remember him> at the throttle of the Reading 4-8-4 at Johnsons, Ohio in the early years > of> Conrail.> > smt> > > > The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List> Sponsored by the ELH&TS> http://www.elhts.org> To Unsubscribe: http://lists.elhts.org/erielackunsub.html