Re: (erielack) Fw: Erie Lackawanna Website

At 07:22 PM 9/26/2007, R.M. \"Rich\" Tubbs wrote:
>Listers,
>
>I received this inquiry from my website. can anybody assist Pat?
>Please reply directly to Pat at mcpjmac_@_aol.com as well as the list.
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Rich Tubbs,
>Marion, OH
>
>----- Original Message ----- To: rich_@_richtubbs.net
>Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:29 PM
>Subject: Erie Lackawanna Website
>

>I'm trying to locate information on the old Bergen County spur, that
>may have ran through Passaic on Central Ave...I know they pulled
>operations around 1963..I do recall as a kid going to Port Jervis by
>way of that line...Any information would be great  .Pat Mcguire
>..mcpjmac @aol.com

The Bergen County "spur" as you've referred to it did not run through
Passaic. The Erie main line ran through Passaic. The Bergen County
Railroad, as it was officially known, left the mainline at Rutherford
Jct. and rejoined the main line at Ridgewood Jct. It ran through
Garfield, Fairlawn, and Glen Rock.

The main line passed though Rutherford, Carlton Hill, Passaic Park,
Passaic, Clifton, Lakeview, and then Paterson. Central Ave. in
Passaic was the location of the Erie Passaic Freight Station, on the
right of the westbound main. There were (if I remember correctly) 2
or 3 team tracks there where newsprint for the Passaic Herald News
(along with other freight)  was off loaded and trucked to the
printing plant (in the 1950's anyway).

If you want to know more, I'll try my best to help, as I spent a bit
of time in that area back then (1950's).

Joe K.