RE: (erielack) Erie Photo ID

Good work Ben! This is Pullman Jct, "one of the largest non-interlocked
at-grade railroad intersections in the country" (from Larry DeYoung's EL in
Color). It appears to me that the view looks SE along the C&WI towards
Hammond. To the left is the BRC/CRI&P South Chicago yard, and coming in from
the left and joining the C&WI alignment is the NKP branch from Grand
Crossing and IC's Fordham yard. NKP's Calumet yard is one mile to the east.

I had thought of the approach to Dearborn, but the Erie loco rules that out,
since Dearborn was switched by the C&WI. The "buildings" in the background
appear to be smudges on the photo itself. Is anyone up for scratchbuilding
that crossing on a turnout on the NKP track?

Paul B

Photo appears in the old Kalmbach "Trains Album of  Photographs #14.
Indentified as South Chicago, engine is on tracks of Chicago& Western
Indiana.  So says the caption.

  Ben Bartlett