RE: (erielack) Erie Photo ID

THAT's what it looked liek then..........When Amtrak sent me to 'choo-choo U' I had occasion to run south from union station & of course, things are quite different. Great foto though.

Walt Smith> From: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net> To: erielack@lists.railfan.net> CC: jimalbanowski@patmedia.net> Subject: RE: (erielack) Erie Photo ID> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 06:43:12 -0400> > Good work Ben! This is Pullman Jct, "one of the largest non-interlocked > at-grade railroad intersections in the country" (from Larry DeYoung's EL in > Color). It appears to me that the view looks SE along the C&WI towards > Hammond. To the left is the BRC/CRI&P South Chicago yard, and coming in from > the left and joining the C&WI alignment is the NKP branch from Grand > Crossing and IC's Fordham yard. NKP's Calumet yard is one mile to the east.> > I had thought of the approach to Dearborn, but the Erie loco rules that out, > since Dearborn was switched by the C&WI. The "buildings" in the background > appear to be smudges on the photo itself. Is anyone up for scratchbuilding > that crossing on a turnout on the NKP track?> > Paul B> > Photo appears in the old Kalmbach "Trains Album of Photographs #14. > Indentified as South Chicago, engine is on tracks of Chicago& Western > Indiana. So says the caption.> > Ben Bartlett> > > > > The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List> Sponsored by the ELH&TS> http://www.elhts.org> To Unsubscribe: http://lists.elhts.org/erielackunsub.html