Re:(erielack) Rapido

There is no more to the story than the quest for sales.  It's disappointing, after all the exchange of information which produced the highly credible models of the "Youngstown" sleepers, to see the return of the now-normal RTR mindset that paint is more important than truth.

Readers of ELHS's The DIAMOND can, of course, see the real 2997 and 2998 in recent issues.

Randy Brown
I see that Rapido is offering a "Buffet-Parlor" car, due at the end of 2009 or early 2010.  I also see that it is not an accurate model by any stretch, since these two cars, 2997 and 2998, were rebuilt heavyweights.

Or is there more to the story here?

http://www.rapidotrains.com/scl04dd.html

SGL
La vita e breve, mangiate prima il dolce!