(erielack) "Erie Boosters" in July Trains

  All Erie and EL fans check out Jim Warsher's article in the July issue of TRAINS, its a great story loaded with New York Division content (Sorry western guys), it includes eight pages and twelve photos about the Erie Railroad and the "Erie Booster" club of the 50's, Jim didn't list all the kids who were involved ... anyone on the list a former member???
  My favorite photo is the interior view of terminal tower in Jersey City, it looks like some of the semaphores in the plant had matching miniature indicators above the operators desk in the tower! Only 26 signals are visible in this photo. I am curious, does anyone know what the two vertical devices that used paper scrolls were used for? There is also a "Gamewell" tape register in front of the tower director Mr.Post, similar to one utilized by fire departments for box alarms, what was that for!?

Todd ~