Re:Re:(erielack) Rapido

Okay -- okay!  I recognize the need to amortize.  I didn't start the thread; I was answering a question.  However, I will now comment that Rapido has no difficulty in producing a car that is correct for its prototype and, as the "Youngstowns" show, that can include the Erie. But their main interest is obviously Canadian National and, I presume, the cars are correct for that road.

If they had not numbered their "fantasy" cars for real Erie cars, I would have no problem.  But, as it is now, they are marketing something that is, at best, misleading.

Since I doubt that every buyer will go to the website before buying the cars, I wonder if Rapido would be willing to label their "fantasy" schemes as such on the box.

Probably not.

Randy Brown
Rapido acknowledges the fantasy schemes they offer. They do it purely to  amortize the cost of the tooling. Those who want "pretty" Erie cars may buy  them. Those of use who want accurate Erie cars will avoid them. I have no  problem with Rapido's  business practice since they are up front with the  information. My dealer can't keep Rapido cars in stock. Many in the hobby  are still more interested in "pretty" than in accurate.
Brian carlson