(erielack) Graham Line

Having suggested Ed Crist's book, I went back and reviewed it.

Joseph M. Graham, as has been stated, worked for the B&O vefore the ERIE.  He worked on the B&O's Magnolia Cutoff and Washington Union Station.

At the Erie, in addition to the Guymard Cutoff, he directef the River Line, the Columbus & Eastern cutoff near Meadville, the still-born Buffalo terminal, and the Rochester Electrification.  The pressure was too much; he died of what I suspect was a perforated ulcer mere months after the completion of the Guymard project; the railroad renamed the line in his honor.  It runs today.

ERIE MEMORIES is replete with this kind of info.  I recommend it.

Randy Brown