Re: (erielack) Environmental study clears way Pocono commuter rail

Peter in TN,

It will happen but the crux of the matter is money. Yes, it appears that
Stimulus Package money is available but the pols from the three states have to
capitalize on this quickly. The other thing that needs to happen is that
taxpayers in the three states have to cover their respective shares.

For example, we here in NY cover the cost of NJT operating service to Port
Jervis and Passack Valley NY. NJ taxpayers will have to cover the cost of
the line across Northwest NJ to the NJ/PA border. PA taxpayers will have to
pony up the bucks on their end. It can work but its going to take all three of
us together to make it work and we can if we really want the convenience of
rail service. The majority appear to want the service.

Just comments here but while the NIMBYs will be out there (many of whom are
NYC transplants), so must everyone else be there to speak during the 30-day
period.

Believe me, the former NYC greens, how the suburban NJ/PA NIMBYs, will be
the first ones to hop the train once they see how much they'll save on gas
for their SUVs and time wasted in I80 traffic.

Restoration of the line will be good for business investment in Northwest
NJ and Northeast PA as that region is growing. And while we here sit and
wait, maybe there just is a light at the end of the tunnel that will come sooner
than later.

My guess is that you will ride the trains again.

Rick
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322977x1201367197/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd
JunestepsfooterNO62)