Re: (erielack) NYCB Train

In a message dated 6/11/2009 3:09:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjconnor_rr_@_hotmail.com writes:

SMT
And wasn't the NYCB and SLCB operated via  EL-Huntington-NW(Wab)?  I have
also seen correspondance that indicates  that, at least briefly, there was an
joint EL-N&W IDR (Interdivisional  Run) using EL and N&W crews a mileage
prorate basis to operate between  Marion and Decatur IL via Huntington.
MJC

MJC

Yes, it was a through train via the N&W (Wabash) at Huntington,  Ind.  It
frequently had N&W motive power in the form of high-nose  SD-45's, high-nose
Century-628's and other oddballs.  Some of the  Cannonballs were very small;
such as one, two or three cars, while others were  quite large.

I don't know about any EL-N&W inter divisional runs but they may have
operated.  Asking Keith Robbins if he knows about that item.

SMT
fingertips.