RE: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now available

> I understand the need for service to the Poconos because it's within
> commuting distance of NYC.  But what is the purpose of spending tons
> of money for train service to Scranton?  It's too far to commute and
> if someone from there wants to go to New York, they can take a bus.
> Don't get me wrong, I love trains as much as anybody else in this
> group, but we just don't have the money for a line that would probably

> be underutilized, to put it mildly.

Because the state of Pa. will be subsidizing that portion....
And there *is* a market for that. Look at all the Martz buses on Route
80!

Also a place to turn and maintain the trains?  Believe that was in one
of the early studies.

Frank