From: walter smith <wsmith5957_@_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...
To: "EL Mail List" <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 9:58 PM

Ricky......I saw where someone was implying that there would be 'nowhere for people to go when they got to Scranton & that there was 'no room for anything let alone a station'.  Well, I've got news for u.....there IS a station - a great one even tho it's being used as a hotel. IF Scranton restored lightrail, there'd be a renewing of all the old neighborhoods as well as the downtown.AND since the tunnel has been rehabbed, how much more difficult can it be to restore the Laurel Line???
    Bill Carpenter (who worked as 'BY' operator and at 'QD') sent me several clipings about efforts to restore the Laurel Line. It breaks my heart to see all the cities getting lightrail - Hoboken, St Louis, Denver, Salt Lake City - and Scranton left in the dust. Hey, guys, I RODE the Laurel Line and it was GREAT!!  I only hope the pols wakeup and get behind the effort to 're-invent the wheel'  for the DL&W cutoff & the L&WV.

Walt Smith