Re:Re:(erielack) BCW Erie Modernized Coach Roofs, was Rapido

Pat:

The roofs on 2997 and 2998 had the same end slope as the coaches -- that's where they came from.  Just to make sure I was clear enough on where the difference lies.

Randy Brown
Hi Randy - Yeah, bad choice of words on the trucks.  I updated the AC  but upgraded the trucks.  For the roof, John had recommended adding  styrene to the ends but I chose to cut and splice so as not to change  the slope.  Styrene does seem to adhere well to the resin used in the  roofs (I used a gel adhesive) so I imagine with some (maybe lots of)  judicious splicing and sanding a 2997/2998 roof could be fashioned. . .

Best wishes,

Pat Foley