RE: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...

And where is it written that trains have to stay overnight at the last
station.  Isn't there a yard somewhere east of Stroudsburg where the trains
could park?  If not, could a siding be built somewhere along the line?

If you want to run Some trains only to E Stroudsburg then you want a coach yard West of the Station if possible (Gravel Place the Former helper terminal location) as it will eliminate the Additional Brake tests required every time you reverse a MU or Push-pull consist.    NJT might Eventually do that but the West End of thier Service is to be Scranton.  If Amrak also Runs Through trains to Binghamton or Beyond via this route then I can definatly see some Round trips from  E Stroudsburg during the "Rush hours".       Also noone has even considered though not a great # the possibility of Reverse Commuting from the Poconos TO Scranton......
If I remember correctly the Current Weekday plan is 9 round trips Andover - NYP with dual power and 8-9 round trips Scranton - Hoboken with Diesels   and a few Weekend trains like those  to and from Port Jervis on sat-sun....

This Message Sent by Donald Kern