Re: (erielack) Pocono Line (formerly Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna ...

Henry,

The root of the discussion is about service, not profit. We are so
conditioned to think of profit first and only, thus we miss the point.

We have the capability to serve all along a route that is populous and is
growing. It's important for us to put this route back into service, for
reasons of economics and convenience. It's not about making money initially, it's
about service and investment. Without the service, investment won't come.

We, through our tax dollars pay so much for airports that many don't use.
In many places in our country, people live nowhere near an airport but they
pay for the one that is closest to them even if it's perhaps 100 miles away.

The Pocono Line is different. The population is there and growing. Rail
service will be an addition to what exists and be a relief from traffic to a
degree. But the degree will show an alternative so that additional freeway
lanes won't be needed and the land won't be disturbed.

Before we say "No", let's look at the future gain of adding another mode of
transportation that works.

Yes, I love trains too and ride them every day as I have to. But to see our
region have our fourth commuter railway with the possibility of intercity
service as well, tells me that this is the way for us to go.

Here, we comprise NYC, Long Island, Southeast NY, Northern NJ, Southern CT
and now Northeast PA. For us, the Pocono Line is necessary. Our region is
growing.

Again, it's all about service. If through our tax dollars we can pay for
airports and roads, we certainly can cover the cost of providing convenient
rail service to and from Northwest, NJ and Northeast PA.

It's just a matter of time before it happens and we will have it because
quite simply, we want it. We see our future here and it includes the Pocono
Line. It's a natural for us.

Rick

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585064x1201462784/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd