From: krinmich_@_aol.com
Subject: Re: (erielack) Re: EL in Railfan and Railroad

This may or may not be of interest to this site, but some Kent Sub
dispatchers as late as 1969 or early 1970's would still refer to the hand
operated trailing crossover at Ashland Hole as either the crossover at
Ashland Hole (several places between Creston and Mansfield where the grade
took a significant dip were referred to locally as so and so Hole - Burbank
Hole, Ashland Hole, Black Fork Hole) or the LA&S Crossover.  The crossover
was near where the LA&S at one time had gone under the Erie.  The first time
I heard that on the dispatcher's wire, my curiosity was immediately piqued
and I found out about the one time LA&S.  I had never heard of it before.
If you look at a Marion Division employees timetable you will note that some
engines are restricted from the North Interchange Track at Ashland.  Also,
our hand drawn sketch of all the tracks in the lower yard at Ashland still
labeled the one time LA&S main as LA&S....

Keith Robbins