RE: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...

I am still waiting to ride the first West Shore commuter train since ;last on e December 3, 1959 and after 50 years and four owner are not running. The State, Politicians and the NIMBY's are the ones who do not want the services restored. Longer they Wait it allegedly cost more money to restore as excuse always goes, another reason for not doing it. Always add the word "Some Day" and see what negatively has happened to areas mass transit and rail system,. If they were serous would about running today and never had right of way sold and then repurchased and and lifted the rail which meant Never.

Jerome

- --- On Fri, 6/19/09, doubletrack_@_netzero.net <doubletrack@netzero.net> wrote:

From: doubletrack_@_netzero.net <doubletrack@netzero.net>
Subject: RE: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Cc: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 8:40 PM

Greg  Some of us get on Jerome as he always speaks Negativly of  the Cutoff restoration.Seem to Me He Doesnt want it to ever Happen ... rather than just doubting it will.when else does he ever post to the list other than to berate restoring service to Portions of   "The Friendly Service Route" AFAIC its not in the spirit of this  list to do that!

Do we really have to get into name-calling here just because some people
are not advocating for long-distance "commuter" lines?

This Message Sent by Donald Kern