RE: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lacka

You cannot fit into a 102" wide MCI D4500? When have you seen inside this bright, new, powerful smooth riding D4500? Sure beats slow access of an E8 and four coaches. Remember The Cut Off never saw U34CH's and PS Push-Pull cars.

Jerome

- --- On Sat, 6/20/09, doubletrack_@_netzero.net <doubletrack@netzero.net> wrote:

From: doubletrack_@_netzero.net <doubletrack@netzero.net>
Subject: RE: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lacka
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Date: Saturday, June 20, 2009, 10:50 AM

We darn well know that back then  there was a Diferent attitude  Gas WAS cheap ee people didnt want to  consider living by the RRs schedule just to save Money and Driving was more fun to some. Even I used to own a Muscle car 25 years ago Now I drive a 3 litre V6 midsize that gets 25 mpg higway because I work in multiple locations and mostly  I have no Public transit option for several of these locations. If  I did work where I could take a Train most days I would.  but will Drive before getting on any nasty Bus even a MCI Motor coach seat is too narrow for me.  Yes I hate Busses but  they have purpouses like  a short ride to the TRAIN STATION on the former ERIE LACKAWANNA!

This Message Sent by Donald Kern