RE: (erielack) Hal Carstens this morning

> Hal Carstens peacefully died this morning at his home near
> Newton, New Jersey. He had been in good health, happy, and
> spry?enough to have been?a dinner speaker at a recent NMRA
> gathering in Texas.? I was proud to know him.

Hal was also a diehard NYS&W and Erie fan as well - I looked forward to his
monthly "From the President's Desk" column in RMC and Railfan, since
invariably he mentioned the Susquehanna and/or Erie.

Hal lived a long, full life, and gave EL/Erie/DL&W fans a lot to cheer
about. He will be missed.