Re:RE: (erielack) Concor

The Erie bought seven PB54 combines from PRR in the early 1930s; they were non-electric suburban cars surplused by the PRR suburban electrification. Three ended up on the NYS&W.  Some lasted pretty late.

For more complete discussions, including ConCor's defense of the ERIE-lettered P54s, go to the list archives, May, 2008, msg 00499, 00500, 00509, 00510.

And October, 2008, msg 00139, 00141.

And . . . if you search for "PB54", you will find even more, going back to 2001.

An upcoming DIAMOND will habe the complete story.

Randy Brown

> But Erie modelers can certainly get the PB54s and be "OK" :)
>
>     - Paul

Now, I admit that I "should" know, but does anybody on this list already have the information about when arrived, when retired for these cars?

SGL