(erielack) Going Going Gone

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-06-29-09

IMG_0010.jpg (image/jpeg, 2592x1944 2403076 bytes, BF: 2.010 ppb)
IMG_0012.jpg (image/jpeg, 1024x768 493486 bytes, BF: 1.59 ppb)
IMG_0014.jpg (image/jpeg, 1024x768 400717 bytes, BF: 1.96 ppb)
IMG_0019.jpg (image/jpeg, 2592x1944 2491132 bytes, BF: 2.02 ppb)
IMG_0023.jpg (image/jpeg, 2592x1944 2380922 bytes, BF: 2.12 ppb)

Finally got a chance to swing buy Kingsland this morning on the way home,
and was glad I did.
In another 2-3 weeks the main bay of the Lackawanna's Kingsland Shop
complex will be history.  Bob Stafford and I visited the complex in the  early
spring and it had dump trucks literally driving through it, and piles of  dirt
within it, which I thought wasn't good.  It wasn't until  list member Rich
Wisnewski mentioned it about a month ago that I though I better  get back
over there.   The buildings on the geographic south side  or across, what was
the transfer table, are all privately owned and in  use.  The largest
building is used by Sigma and Omega plastics, both  of which are big customers for
NS.

I guess the phrase " A picture is worth a thousand words" applies  here!

I have no idea who owns it, why they finally decided to tear it down,  nor
what they intend to put in its place.
Maybe some other list members can chime in on that?

Excuse the quality and exposure of the photo's.  I had just run  out of
film, shooting another subject and thus had to revert to the little  digital by
the time I got to the shops.

Bob Bahrs
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823281x1201398699/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd