Re: (erielack) Railway Age Article on C-424 delivery 1963

There were apparently two artists comissioned by EMD at different times. Bern Hill did more stylized posters which, according to Greg Palumbo on YouTube, were not really appreciated by EMD as he worked trains into the scenery, not concentrating on the engines to the degree that EMD desired. Tom Falwell was the other artist who did the pictures in the 1960s. These aare probably the ones you could be referring to as the prints did emphasize the locomotives. Googling the artists will lead youto more specific information on the paintings.

Tony

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net>
To: "EL Mail List" <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:22:56 PM
Subject: RE: (erielack) Railway Age Article on C-424 delivery 1963

From a friend who is in a position to know . . .

" . . . if they were the dynamic 1960s paintings in the EMD ads, done by Tom
Fawell,
Public Relations had many of them, others were framed and hung around the
[EMD]
plant. Some went home with employees when plant one was torn down. Greg
Palumbo has written articles about the advertising paintings by several
artists."

I'd try Googling "Greg Palumbo." I haven't tried it so I don't know for
sure what you'd find.

Schuyler

http://www.railfan.net/lists/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-08-28-03/EL-EMD-SD45

=======