(erielack) door seals and wood panels

I am enjoying the Yungkurth photos.  There are some really nice shots there.
Thank you Paul and Chuck.

A couple photos piqued my curiosity.

The photo of 1230 at Owego NY shows an EL boxcar with paper sticking out
around the edges of the door.  I didn't think railroads were still shipping
grain in boxcars with grain doors in 1973, but this looks like a similar
setup- some type of paper seal inside the door.  Any insight as to what the
cargo might have been?

The photo of 7114 at Binghamton NY dated 8-74 also interested me, as I have
a photo of that unit at Meadville in the summer of 76.  Was 7114 the only
unit to get a plywood side panel replacement, or did other units get the
same treatment?  (In my photo there is almost no paint left on the wood.)
The wear pattern on the steps is really interesting, as it allows you to see
that these units were painted yellow first, then masked for the gray and
maroon.

Thanks for sharing these!
Joe Mayer
ELHS 702