Re: (erielack) door seals and wood panels

I have no idea when railroads stopped using box cars to ship bulk grain,
however in 1974-1975 while at Boonton I did get empty EL box cars and/or
Southern box cars with portions of the grain doors in place. I had not
seen them before [I wasn't working in a place to see them or any empty
box cars for loading].  So at least at that time some box cars with all
or portions of grain doors were around if not being installed currently.