RE: (erielack) A mismatched pair? :)

> Well, the engine finally got a bath shortly after this -
> dipped in CR blue.
>  I'm assuming this was taken at Waverly yard in Kearny.  I
> saw that EMD electric locomotive.  I forget what it's model
> nomenclature was and wonder what happened to it.

That photo was in Harrisburg, PA. The electric is a GM10B, a B-B-B
configuration electric that EMD was trying to push on Conrail to replace its
aging GG1 and E44 electric fleet. There was a second electric, a C-C
configuration GM6C.

Neither electric was enough to keep Conrail from dropping electric freight,
and the electric passenger operations (including the EL's Mus) were moved to
state-run passenger entities.