Re:Re: (erielack) Unknown tunnel Portal

On Feb 9 (today) Rich Wisneski posted a picture f the east ortal of the Erie's tunnel, showing three concrete "capstones" with engraved  captions which mention Daniel Drew, Long Dock Company, and Bergen Tunnel. Interesting.

Randy Brown

Well, some one else pointed out to me that the web site states it's the   east portal, which when I went back and looked, was correct.   My  mistake for  missing that.   I guess that's why I said it just didn't  fit as being the  west portal.  The topography does fits the  East portal better, but I  remember  the East portal having a big  inscription about the Long Dock Company  inscribed in it's head stone,  which means the East end has also been altered.

Bob Bahrs