Re: (erielack) Farewell to the Branches fantrip

I didn't ride it but I photographed it when it came through Mountain View.
 It covered all of the suburban lines that would loose passenger service
and it was a very long day.  There are a few pictures of it on the Northern
Branch in THE ERIE LACKAWANNA STORY. I watched it trek its way through
Mountain View to Wanaque-Midvale.  The train came through very late in the
day.  It had a lot of Stillwells and two food service cars.  I was told
that the train was so long, they couldn't run the engines around it at
Midvale so they made the ten mile reverse move back to Mountain View and
then out to the Sussex Branch and line to Washington.

Ed Montogmery