Re: (erielack) New EL and Erie prototypes!!!!

CP should do heritage units and they should do Lackawanna

- -----Original Message-----
From: Dlw1el2_@_aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 9:53 AM
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) New EL and Erie prototypes!!!!

In a message dated 2/17/2012 9:48:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
paultup_@_comcast.net writes:

> I  would have liked to see an L&HR unit but hey it will be
>  interesting to see all 18 they did pick.  The Virginian,
> Wabash,  Nickel Plate and P&WV are really interesting because
> at the time  of those two mergers the N&W quickly obliterated
> much of their  identity.

I agree with Tim here - they did a nicely balanced  selection of roadnames.
And sorry for those who are grousing about the lack  of a DL&W unit, but the
EL paint scheme is the DL&W passenger  scheme - seriously! Don't forget,
this
is THEIR railroad and they have the  right to choose whatever they want to
paint. And it is NOT a public  organization that's beholden to the general
population. This railfan  "entitlement" attitude is just that. Don't we
already have some beautifully  restored and operational DL&W freight scheme
F-units? I know of exactly  *NO* accurately restored and operational EL
units.

- -  Paul