Re:Re: (erielack) New EL and Erie prototypes!!!!

Am I safe in presuming that future messages on this thread will remain in the present and have absolutely nothing to do with EL, Erie or DL&W, so I can delete them?

Randy Brown
i really wish you guy's would cease & desist! In your mind's eye did anyone see NS doing EIGHTEEN-(18)unit's- i amazed,and yet you bitch. The option by Delvcechhio is sound,really easy,and maybe the right way to go,but REALLY-EIGHTEEN UNIT's-who else ever did this many,imho you have no right to bitch.

speaking of bitching- i moved NS#1703 from Enola PA to Allentown PA on a 33a. Can an operating employee tell me why they chose that form of access to the bathroom/short nose? i didn't investigate it,guess the head was there-it's like a cubbyhole in a attic,a rectangular door,with no visible step-unlike most emd unit's. I would think the union would have made them change it as their is no quick access. and for S&G-per the leader system-#2-9+gallons @ idle for trip #3-1703- 19gallon-#4-NS3364=18gallon 7 #5-ns5611-12gallon,so even @ idle a sd-45-2 used more fuel than a dash NINE.  Still would be nice to see one of these restored.
feeling the flame aready-jim eisenhart jr.