(erielack) Re: New EL and Erie prototypes!!!!

  I would love to see an NS SD-45-2 back in EL paint, but its a fact the few remaining units are living out their last days in "Captive" service. We would be cheated seeing all the other NEW Heritage units rumored to be arriving soon running free and being photographed system wide. I am just amazed Norfolk Southern is pulling this off, not sure what changed in managment but I applaud the railroad for this jesture. They could have slapped a special Norfolk Southern horsehead logo 30th Anniversary decal on the side of a new unit and called it a day!
  I've stated it before, NS 1705 is a great SD-45-2 worth preserving, its the former 3681 the VERY LAST new EL unit purchased before the railroad entered Conrail, it became the 6666.

Todd ~