Re: (erielack) New EL and Erie prototypes!!!!

NS could be overwhelmed with paint-scheme ideas because Erie, DL&W, NKP,
PRR, NYC, SOU, N&W didn't have one standard color.  Erie had two versions
of Black and Yellow before the passenger scheme came along.  NKP had the
"Blue Bird" color and Black and Yellow.  PRR and NYC had designs that
varied.  NYC had the gray, green, and black colors.  I suppose Virginian
was the only one that had all their diesels painted the same throughout
their operating period.  Note:  I avoided bringing up the paint schemes of
the electric motors.

NS could easily have 90 locomotives to paint if they used every company's
paint scheme.  Just consider what could happen if they did one locomotive
for every LV paint scheme.  I'm grateful that they are recognizing their
heritage.  However, I noticed they didn't include the original Norfolk
Southern.

 Ed Montgomery