(rshsdepot) Webster Groves (MO) Frisco Station

I would like to introduce myself and my "Club".  I have been a
"listener" to the group for about the last 6 months, but haven't gotten
up the energy to join the RSHS, YET!

I am the president of the Big Bend Railroad Club, Inc., a model railroad
club (O Scale; 1/4" to the foot scale, 2-rail) with a REAL interest in
prototypical railroads and historical stations ------- especially since
we own the former Frisco station in Webster Groves, MO.  Our club has
been operating our model railroad in this station through a lease
agreement with the Frisco-BN-BNSF since sometime in the late 30's, with
only a brief break when a significant number of the members took time
out to serve their country in WWII.  The Springfield & Ozark RR
(modelled after a shortline that ran between Springfield and Ozark, MO,
for some very short time) is close to being the oldest operating model
rr in the US.  In 1994, the BNSF moved the last of its signal crews out
of their portion of the building and offered the BBRC two alternatives;
either make way for the bulldozers, or buy the building.  Was there a
choice? We now hold title to a 92 year old building and a very generous
land lease from the BNSF.

We have been been able to keep a portion of history from ending up as
part of America's less scenic landscape -- the landfill --, but maybe
not for very much longer.  The building needs some repairs and could use
some sprucing up, maybe even some minor renovation or restoration.
Thus, I come to the RSHS.

I have read numerous emails about one or another station being renovated
or rebuilt, but have no idea where or how to locate such assistance.
And the most recent notes about the ISTEA funding seems a god-send.  Can
anyone help? Point me in the right direction of where to inquire, write,
or even call?  The BBRC has received 501c (3) (or, whatever, I am no tax
person!) non-profit status from the IRS, and have just renewed our
charter with the state of MO for another 50 or so years.

Please help if you can.

About the RSHS membership.  Please send information on how I,
personnally, join the RSHS and maybe the BBRC as a club.

Thank you.