Re: (rshsdepot) New York, NY: An Architect's Grand Vision for a TradeCenter T...

I like Calatrava, it is not he I was referring to back there for the current
junk-yard esthetic in architecture....

I like design even when impractical...I like that portholed building on
stilts at Columbus Circle, in its quirkiness it is the only building on that
Circle with any character, those new towers certainly don't give much..

I am not even sure I was referring to a rail-related bad architecture, this
style seems more used for museums and new philharmonics.....

and even here, don't get me wrong, I also like these Gehry structures and
similar...and for the former WTC site, certainly making it look like a big
gigantic wreck might be apt...I still think they should have left in place
the Twin Towers 60 story high peeled back aluminum exoskeleton, as haunting
as Hiroshima, Dresden, or that cathedral in England....haunting,
reverberating....but they hauled it away and cut it up and gave it out to be
displayed (macabre) in various places across the land who ask for a piece...

But I drift....I had been hoping they'd use the old abandoned Church Street
H&M station for PATH for a while....but if they want to build a soaring
whatever, it would be fine, though I think for PATH there should be more
tubular elements in the station...

Paul