Re: (erielack) GP-35 #'s & Unansered (sic) Questions

Will et al.

First, for list contents purposes:

The new GP-35 road #'s are 2556 & 2561. This from Athearn, posted on another
list.

Now to the squabbling:

I find it curious that this issue has, once again, raised its head as we
enter the season of "good will towards to all", and intended to just
observe. But, your latest has the following statement:

"As I am certain you are aware, a nonprofit
cannot give a premium of greater value than it costs to produce, in this
case the printed matter you receive. You cannot subsidize the cost of
that publication outside of what you take in for a regular membership."

Where does this rule come from? and Who established this? If it's the IRS
I'd appreciate a specific citation to a specific section of the tax code.

Now, please understand I'm not being flip or trying to just break chops. In
my professional (environmental engineering) there thousands of pages of
regulations. I could go on for a LONG time discussing requests to adhere to
"rules" that came solely from an individual when the actual regulation
either doesn't exist or isn't applicable. If there is, in fact, government
control at the level implied that would be most disconcerting.

So, please let me know.

Thanks, RICH CHAPIN
ELHS #3129