Re: Re:(erielack) Re: EL List Daily V3 #1488

At 11:17 PM 12/5/04, you wrote:
>I spend most of the day under the hood of a car, inspecting a car, or trying
>to sell a car.   End result, the thing with the pistons in it - is a motor.
>455, 350, 4.3L, whatever -

I have rebuilt and/or repaired numerous gasoline and diesel engines (the
things with the pistons). The device which powers my air compressor is an
electric motor and the device which spins the gear which turns the axle of
a diesel/electric locomotive is the (electric) traction motor. A railroad
engineer (person) operates a locomotive which consists of (among other
things) a prime mover (usually a diesel engine) which spins an electric
generator which provides current for the traction motor(s).

Joe K.