Re: (erielack) Well, Well, Well!

I am not a member..I just sit here and watch and try to learn useful
things.  Like great Walt Smith stories....and the 1 fromm 2-3 years ago
about the Irish yard foreman at Maybrook NY koshering an EB string of
stock cars one cold, wet  night....that's why I'm here... Discussions
like this are why after being at modeller and railfan for 25 years or
so, I do not belong to any railroad/railfan/rail history  clubs,
societies, etc.....and remind me occasionally why I don't....

But before you say you wasted your donation for the archieves....  you
may have...I don't know the deal that was made.  But a lot, yes a lot of
archives will not take new material, especially time consuming stuff
such as the E-L Society should be able to provide without a cash
donation as well to help pay for archiving and retrieving it on demand.
Work study students to sort it, catalog it, acid free folder it and box
it are  not cheap...and the folders and boxes are expensive.  And you
want access then?   To pick through it...and ask questions...and be able
to call and ask what kind of stuff is in the archive?  And did my
grandfather work for the RR?  When?  Where?  What did he do?  All that
takes money...  If you really want archives...better write a check to
the custodian....EVERY YEAR...do it the same time you send money to
George Elwood for his great site..or renew your EL dues  so you have a
handy way to remember it....And I dunno where to send it, don't
ask....someone on this list should be able to tell you...

That's the great thing about this list..people know stuff.    Us
shortline fans and South Penn Railway fans  have far fewer resources
under 1 roof....

Frank Mellott
non member #2