RE: (erielack) FW: EL List and ELHS

Jon,

> Why not move all the EL railroad talk to the established Erie
> Lackawanna
> lists on the YahooGroups! service and leave this list for
> ELHS matters?

Well, first off, most people are loathe to have to subscribe to yet another
mailing list, or heaven forbid, actually have to use a web-based forum where
you have to search for information (without it being pushed to you).

That said, here are some comments on the groups you mention (many of which
I'm a member of)...

> The most active group is ErieLackawannaRR with around 100
> emails a month and
> 150 members.

> the history,
> operations and other aspects of the Erie Lackawanna and both of its
> predecessors. Files to be included will consist of motive
> power information,
> operations documents, and operations will be divided into
> freight, through
> passenger and commuter service. Also to be covered are
> stations, track
> layouts, signal, interlocking and other operating rules.

The 100 E-mail a month comprise a repeating group of about 25-30 E-mails
containing information collected by Jim Mancuso on EL facts (timetable info,
stations, etc.) There are rarely any other posts (I think I've seen one post
in the past 6 months other than Jim's repeating group)

> There are some smaller groups related to the EL as well:

> talk, trade,
> and enjoy the Railroad of Erie Lackawanna, along with Others,
> Penn Central,
> Reading, and others that
> were in their height in the 70's. Photo's, info, and just talk. other
> Railroads also welcome, into CR.

I think I get 1 message every 6 months from this list.

	- Paul

- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.