(erielack) Marion Station

With the recent discussion of the Marion Division as well as some pictures of trains at Marion from George Elwood's site I have some questions.  Marion was joint NYC/EL trackage.  The tower was 100% Erie but I don't think the station reflected either the color of Erie or EL.  Even the station ID Board wasn't the typical Erie black and white.  Was the station under the management or responsibility of NYC?  I think it's gray/silver paint indicated that.

Ed Montgomery