Re:(erielack) Piermont Branch

Doesn't the Piermont Branch still exist from Spring Valley to Suffern?  Weren't they thinking of adding to Pascack Valley service by having trains loop one way on the main line, over to Spring Valley and down the Pascack and the other way at night?

Randy Brown
The short (2 mile) segment between Nanuet Jct (with NJ&NY branch) and Spring Valley is still operated by NJT as the end of the Pascack Valley line. I believe the rest was abandoned, and this happened in stages. By 1974 the portion east of Nanuet Jct  had been severed at the Hack R bridge. East of there was accessed from the Northern at Sparkill although I don't know if any of it was still active by C-day. My 1993 SPV atlas shows only the Sparkill-Piermont portion as being actually abandoned at that time although this may not be accurate.

Paul B