(erielack) Re: EL List Daily V3 #1906

The reason the Tyco car works so well for this conversion is the deck is a
seperate part, because the same flatcar shell was used for their piggyback,
auto-rack and pumlpwood cars.  So you could use any of those cars for one of
the conversions.

If you dig a little at shows, the first issues of these cars had screw-on
trucks, from 1969-1970 or so, which would save some work converting them to
use other trucks.  They usually came in a red box - people are collecting
them now, so if you come up with a nice one (boxed) I'd swap two for one for
newer cars.   I have probably half a dozen anyhow in my train show stuff.
Send me a note off list if anyone wants any.

Bill K.