Re: (erielack) Coal

Hi,
I only know about use in coal-fired power stations in the UK, but it's
probably the same for the US.

Flue Gas Desulphurisation (FGD) removes a lot of the sulphur content
from the combustion gases. One process involves spraying finely-crushed
limestone and water through the hot gases. The main product is then
gypsum - in large quantities.

Hope this helps.
Des Norman,
Scotland