(erielack) Boonton Cars

Paul,

I rode in the Boonton cars many times. Never heard them called "Boonton Cars"
but they were refferred to at the time as "Wyatt Earp" cars. I never saw any
of them lettered for "Erie Lackawanna".

If my memory serves me correctly, and I will have to check my slides to be
certain, they left the property around 1970-1971. Most were sold to tourist
railroads. The Ilinois Railroad Museum has 4 or 5 of them still painted
"Lackawanna".

They rode good and were a pleasure to ride in. Especially to Branchville!

Some of the Stillwells were lettered for Erie Lackawanna, but most were still
lettered for Erie. The most notable exceptions were the a/c Port Jervis cars
that were painted in Erie two-tone around 1971-72, and lettered for EL.

With a very few exceptions, the MU's were lettered EL.

JJBoehner

Subject: (erielack) DL&W coaches with EL lettering

Hi fellow listers,

Does anyone know if any DL&W "Boonton" cars (coach or combine) received full
EL lettering before their retirement? Many Erie Stillwells did, but did any
Lackawanna cars get this treatment at all?