(erielack) Ron's Pix [was Hmmmmmm. . .]

Ron Dukarm has undetaken a monumental service by posting AND CAPTIONING a number of photos.  Somestimes the captions are the best he can do from NO information whatever -- and sometimes they slip a little.

The viewer has to do some of the work.  When he shows "2547" on a train, we know that the 2500s were class K1 4-6-2 pacifics; we look at the picture and, sure enough, it's a 4-6-2.  On the other hand, when he shows "247" and we see a 4-6-2, we know the number is really  2547 or 2747, a K1 or a K4B, respectively.  We also know that they can not be confused, one for the other.  So, it's a picture of K1 #2547.

Likewise, when the caption says "222 at Nyack" and we see broad open fields beyond, we recognize a glitch of some kind, because Nyack had nowhere that much space.  Then we look around and find "222 at Pa;isades Park" and see the engine in very tight quarters, and we think that maybe the captions got transposed.

I applaud Ron for putting these pix out for us to see, and I grant him the latitude to err once in a while.

Thanks, Ron.

Randy Brown