RE: (erielack) Railroads "That Should Never..." A&GW

Somewhere I have an email about this disparity in subsidy, which has bothered me for decades, too.
It's most revealing if you write out the numbers in digits.  Since I haven't seen this lately, I'll
do this from memory, but it's on the order of this:

Highways $100,000,000
Airlines     $100.000.000
Airports	      $50,000,000
Rails                 800,000

Those are NOT the correct numbers but the relative size is about right.

SGL