Re: (erielack) Dunmore-Meadville

When it came to repairing motive power, does anyone know which of the two
divisions, the Jeff or the Wyoming handled most of repair traffic to the Dunmore
 Shops.

My guess is that it depended on which part of the Erie system the locos
operated on. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Rick,

I think as you suggest it came down both branches.  I read that (Erie
President) Charles Denney ended locomotive repairs at Dunmore when he
reorganized the maintenance program in 1935.  The reason was location.
Dunmore Shop was at the end of largely single line branches with the
worst grades on the system.  After that Dunmore (and for awhile Port
Jervis) were freight car repair and rebuilding exclusively.

Mike Oravec