(erielack) September Calendar Pix

I have some comments to add about the picture.  Did EL repair the units
themselves or send them back to EMD?  The damage didn't appear to be
extensive but the unit in the forground must have had a smashed in cab
on the engineer's side.  So I'm wondering if Scranton, Hornell, or
Marion repaired it.

When the EL had derailments on the Erie the frieghts usually wound up
running over the Lackawanna down the Boonton Line.  I'm wondering if
they employed the L&HR to get to Maybrook?  It was probably not an easy
matter for a train on the Boonton Line to enter Croxton.  Any thoughts
on that?

Ed Montgomery